Our commitment to you and your wellbeing.
During these strange and difficult times, we want to make sure we can still deliver exceptional services to our clients, both returning and new and so we are following strict government guidelines to keep ourselves and our clients safe and to support the NHS.
As per Government guidelines, both clinics will be closed from the 5th November. We are available for bookings in December and for virtual consultations that are required before we can deliver skincare products.
Please use the chat function or the contact form to arrange this.
Once the clinic can re-open, we will continue taking all appropriate measures to protect you, along with all patients and staff, with regards to COVID-19. Safety as this has always been paramount at ADM Skin Clinic and this remains the case in these unprecedented times.
What we are doing:
- We are stringently following all government guidelines, whilst also incorporating additional medical hygiene measures of our own.
- As indicated below, screening patients prior to their attendance to clinic
- We have ensured we have sufficient medical-grade hygiene products to maintain high standards within the clinic for the foreseeable future.
- We are maximising hygiene procedures between each patient.
Changes you will notice in the clinic:
- All touchpoints, such as door handles, taps, examination couches, bannisters, chair rests etc are sanitized between patient visits.
- We are asking that all patients on entry to the clinic wash their hands thoroughly in accordance with WHO ( world health organization) guidelines.
- We are asking all patients to attend appointments alone.
- Children are not permitted to attend appointments nor wait in the waiting room.
Please do not attend the clinic, even to collect products, if:
- You are displaying any symptoms of the virus, which include a persistent dry cough, shortness of breath and high temperature.
- A fellow householder is displaying symptoms.
- You have recently returned from a high-risk area.
If any of the above apply, you should seek additional advice, starting with the NHS COVID-19 specific webpage. Should you feel the need to cancel an appointment in these circumstances you can do so right to 48 prior to the appointment.
We ask for your understanding and patience with these stringent measures. We are confident that we can continue to offer a safe service to our patients.